Thursday, March 14, 2013

Mama G and Her Lectures

There's always that one friend (maybe two) whose mom has become like your second mom.  For me, one of my best friend's mom Mrs. Gera, or as I like to call her Mama G, is that person.  She is Mo-Gera's mom and is one of the funniest people I've ever met.  She's a little crazy, gets excited over the smallest things, always there to talk, and has the greatest stories.  You got to love her.  The only down side of her being like my second mother is her lectures.

I visited Mo-Gera for the weekend and our parents came and met us for dinner.  On the way back to Mo-Gera's campus, we started talking about her relationship problems.  Big mistake, because at a certain point Mama G got fed up and started lecturing her.  Then she threw in a  "Becky, don't even get me started on you."  Which prompted me to tell her that my situation was completely different.  This did not go over well, because then she started lecturing and yelling at me.  It was so funny, just because she got so excited and had some great lines.  A few of them were, "I hope I never meet this guy, I'm going to hit him because he's just so dense!" "You're twenty years old goddammit, take some risks! Do something!  We want grandchildren!" That one was directed at both Mo-Gera and I.  We are notorious for never doing anything.

The kicker was that my mom was driving and had no idea how to get back to Mo-Gera's campus from where we were.  She didn't know where she was going and Mama G was supposed to be giving her directions.  Every once in a while she'd interrupt Mama G's rant to ask if this was the turn.  Mama G always replied, "No Linda.  Becky!!" Car rides with Mama G are always the best.

P.S. Thankfully, my mom didn't end up making any wrong turns and we didn't get lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment