Saturday, March 30, 2013

Misadventures at the Theatre

My college has this really cool program called PittArts.  Basically, you can sign up for an event and you go, sometimes they take you out for dinner.  Did I mention that it's all free? Yes, I said it FREE. I mean, we already paid for it in our tuition, but still.

Yesterday, I went with my two friends Nick and Bri to see this musical called Breath & Imagination.  It's based off a true story about this man named Roland Hayes.  It's okay if you've never heard of him, I didn't either before last night.  He was this African American man who was a famous singer, known for his unique voice and love for spirituals.  It was AMAZING.  Honestly, the actors were wickedly talented. There was so much gospel music in the show and it made me happy.  The best part was that after the show, PittArts had arranged a talk-back.  We got to ask the actors questions and learn more about the show.  The actors were hysterical and true theatre people.  I had a blast listening to them talk.  They kept making all these Dream Girls jokes and most people were laughing, but I'm pretty sure I was the one of the only ones who got the references.

Now, I say "Misadventures at the Theatre" because my clumsiness really kicked it into high gear last night.  I was tripping all over the place, it was not good.  Poor Bri, I not only stepped on her toe as I tripped back to my seat, but I also took out her knee when I fell backwards.  I don't know why they take me places, I only end up embarrassing myself.  The worst by far was when we were leaving the theatre.  The theatre was upstairs, so when we were leaving we had to walk down these stairs. I missed the bottom step and ended up crashing into the wall in front of me, banging into all these posters they had hung up on the wall.  Did I mention that I was leading the pack, so basically everyone saw me. Yup, not my brightest moment.

P.S. My heels were not the reason I had such a clumsy night.  Contrary to popular belief, I can actually walk in them thank you very much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment