Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Spotlight

Confession: I absolutely love the spotlight.

Now, when I say spotlight I don't mean being the center of attention.  While that can be nice sometimes, I usually get it when I fall, do something awkward, or basically make a fool out of myself in some shape or form.  What I'm talking about here are actual spotlights that shine on you when you're on stage.  I'm a theatre kid and used to perform all the time.  It gave me such a rush and I just love the feeling when they lights hit you and you know it's on.

I'm in concert band and our concert is fast approaching.  Yesterday, the director put the spotlights on to prepare us for the heat.  That's the only downside I guess, it can get hot with spotlights pointed at you.  I personally don't really notice it, but that's just me.  Everyone started complaining especially when the spotlights were turned on.  Me on the other hand felt great with the spotlights on.  There's one pointed directly at me, which sucks because it makes it a little hard to see the conductor, but I don't care.  I actually love the fact that it is.  It just brings back memories of performing for me.  I remembered the time when a flat fell down during a performance, almost falling when I ran in my heels, dancing on top of an unstable block of wood, and screaming "NO COFFEE" at the top of my lungs (if you get what show this is from, I'll be extremely proud. Hint the song's called "Coffee Break").  That rehearsal definitely reminded me that I was secretly a theatre kid for life.

P.S. The lights weren't hot at all, I didn't even break a sweat.  Suck it guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment