Monday, May 6, 2013

Life Lessons from Aunt Laurie

One of the nice things about being home is that I get to see my family.  A good majority of my family live somewhere along the East Coast.  Today I went over to my Grandma's house to visit her and my Aunt Laurie.  It was nice to see them after two months of being at school.  My Grandma is a very opinionated person and likes to get her two bits in.  For instance, she's told me on more than one occasion that I should start dating my friend Jimmy, after stalking him on Facebook might I add.  Yes, my grandmother has a Facebook.  Yes, I am friends with her on Facebook.  And no, I will never date my friend Jimmy.  My Aunt Laurie on the other hand is super chill. I often think of her as my Cool Aunt.  I'm lucky that she lives so close by because she always takes me to baseball games, sometimes shopping, and more.  She is not the cool aunt for nothing!

While I was spending time at my Grandma's, my Aunt gave me a belated birthday present.  I recently turned 21 years old, so it was fitting that I received a bottle of some very nice champagne.  I honestly couldn't  tell you the brand name or what kind of champagne it is.  I really don't know anything about this kind of stuff.  Apparently, her husband, my Uncle, was against giving me alcohol.  Mostly because I am one of the babies in the family, but she didn't listen to him (remember what I said about her being the cool aunt).  Anyways, after giving me my present she told me that I should never drink cheap champagne.  Cheap vodka, beer, and anything else is okay, but when it comes to champagne you gotta go with the good stuff.  I thought I'd share this piece of advice with you my fellow readers, because I thought it was funny and random.  My family is full of great random advice.  Some other things they have taught me include: don't be stupid, nothing good happens in the middle of the night, and you can't live without toilet paper. 

P.S.  My Aunt also told me never to drink pink drinks, but unfortunately I've already broken that rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment